There are often times when a person is arrested for a crime he or she did not commit or for a crime that was out of his or her control. No matter the reason for arrest in Wauwatosa, WI, any person held in custody has the right to exercise his or her civil rights at all times. That is why it is critical to know your legal rights and to recognize when a civil right has been violated. Read more…
Examples of civil rights violations:
- Physical or emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse or sexual misconduct
- Withholding food or water
- Denying exercise or enjoying rights or privileges that are allowed by the correctional facility
- Not upholding your Miranda rights or not having been read your Miranda rights
- Being treated as guilty before being convicted as guilty
- Being held in custody for an extended period of time without being charged of a crime
- Prohibiting communication with family members or attorneys *Once an attorney has been requested, the police are prohibited from asking questions without an attorney present. This applies to the first and any subsequent talks with the police.
No one deserves to have their rights violated within the confines of a jail or prison. If this has happened, legal counsel should be seeked immediately. For more information on our criminal law services, please give our firm a call at 414-259-9300 for a free consultation. We offer our services in Wauwatosa, WI and surrounding Wisconsin areas including Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Racine and Kenosha Counties. We have the knowledge and expertise to properly protect and defend your rights.