We know that divorce is hard and that it involves many struggles, especially when there are children involved. If you are in the process of getting a divorce or are contemplating a divorce, here are some points that are definitely worth checking out.
- Couples that wait to marry until they are over the age of 25 are 24% less likely to get a divorce.
- If you live with your spouse before getting married, the chances of a divorce go up ever higher, by about 40%.
- In 75% of divorced couples, the children live with their mother.
- Couples that have attended college decrease their rate of divorce by 13%.
- People will wait on average 3 years to remarry after a divorce.
- Almost 50% of marriages will end in divorce/separation.
- Every 13 seconds there is a divorce in the United States.
- The average first marriage will last 8 years before a divorce.
- 25 to 39 year olds experience about 60% of all divorces.
- High school dropouts are 13% more likely to get a divorce.
If you are in the Wauwatosa, WI area and are in need of guidance and legal representation during a divorce, please call our firm at 414-259-9300 to speak with an experience attorney about your case.