Questions To Ask Your DUI Attorney
If you’ve recently received a DUI, you’re probably looking for an attorney. You may even be speaking to a few different attorneys trying to narrow it down to the best. Usually attorneys will provide an initial free consultation about your case, so it is important that you’re ready with questions to ask each attorney to narrow down the best fit for your case. Do not be afraid to ask questions because the best attorneys will welcome your questions, and while you’re asking them, they are probably sizing you up and determining if they would take your case.
Here are a few questions you should ask when looking for a DUI attorney to represent you:
- Ask what law school they attended and year they graduated
- Ask how many years the attorney has been in practice; this will give you an idea of their experience
- Ask about their experience with DUI cases; you should feel confident that the attorney you interviewed has extensive knowledge and experience with DUI cases
- Ask about their experience with jury trials and how many DUI cases they have taken to a jury trial; if your case goes to trial it is important that your attorney have that experience
- Ask your lawyer if they have legal malpractice insurance
- Ask how many DUI cases they take per year
- Ask if anyone other than the attorney will be working on the case and what their qualifications are
- Ask the lawyer if he/she sees any major challenges with your case and what they think can be the ultimate result
- Ask the lawyer how they prefer to be contacted and how you should get in touch with them if you need to. Also ask how often you will receive updates about your case from the attorney and what those updates will include
- Ask what the end result will be of your case; a good attorney will be able to tell you
When you are looking for a DUI attorney in Milwaukee, WI it is important that you tell the attorney all the relevant information about your DUI. Minor details can actually make a big difference in a DUI case. Once you have narrowed down your list of attorneys to choose from, it is time to pick just one. Pick the attorney that you felt comfortable with, the one that was able to answer all your questions, and the one that had the most experience in dealing with DUI cases. Keep in mind that you can lose your license or a professional license if you are not thorough – thus interviewing multiple attorneys and choosing one is a very important task. Do not pick the first person you meet with, always meet and interview with more than one attorney. For a free consultation of your DUI case you can contact us at 414-259-9300.
Posted on: Monday, June 22nd, 2015
Categories: DUI Questions